Shiitakes are know to stimulate the immune system, be rich in essential amino acids, fiber, and vital minerals.
User friendly recipe: sauteed blue oysters w/ garlic
- Blue Oyster Mushrooms
- Olive Oil
- Heat up a medium non-stick pan over medium-high heat and add olive oil
- Chop up mushrooms to the desired size and add to pan once olive oil is heated
- Allow mushrooms to cook in a single layer for 3-4 minutes, adding in minced garlic for the last minute.
- Remove from the pan once the garlic and mushrooms have turned a light golden brown.
- *Optional: Slice onions into slivers and add directly to olive oil with mushrooms.
- Pile onto Anathallo Acres burgers or steaks for a delicious from the farm meal.
CHEFFIN’ IT UP RECIPE: SHIITAKE PIZZA BY A COUPLE COOKS
Shiitake Pizza by A Couple Cooks
- 1 ½ cups Sliced Shiitakes
- 1 Ball of Pizza Dough
- 1 tablespoon each finely chopped fresh thyme and oregano, plus more sprigs for topping
- ¼ teaspoon plus 1 pinch Kosher Salt (divided)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil (plus more for drizzling)
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 to 2 ounces Goat Cheese (crumbled)
- ¾ cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Finely Chopped Chives
- Semolina Flour or Cornmeal (for dusting the pizza peel)
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 500°F. OR preheat your pizza oven.
- Prepare the toppings: Clean the mushrooms and slice them. In a saute pan or skillet, heat the 1 tablespoon olive oil to medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, chopped herbs, and ¼ teaspoon kosher salt and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. When mushrooms are tender, reduce the heat to low, and add lemon juice. Remove from the heat.
- Bake the pizza: When the oven is ready, dust a pizza peel with cornmeal or semolina flour. (If you don’t have a pizza peel, you can use a rimless baking sheet or the back of a rimmed baking sheet.) Stretch the dough into a circle. Then gently place the dough onto the pizza peel.
- Brush a thin layer of olive oil onto the crust. Then top with the mozzarella cheese in an even layer, then the cooked mushrooms, and crumbles of goat cheese. Garnish with the chopped chives and additional thyme sprigs. Sprinkle with 1 pinch kosher salt.
- Use the pizza peel to carefully transfer the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone. Bake the pizza until the cheese and crust are nicely browned, about 5 to 7 minutes in the oven (or 1 minute in a pizza oven). Slice into pieces and serve immediately.