Promote immune system and heart health, provide antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects, and encourage healthy blood sugar control all by eating yellow oysters.
User friendly recipe: yellow oyster mushrooms on brie toast by food52
- 7 ounces Yellow Oyster Mushrooms
- 2 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 4 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- 4 Slices of Thick-Crusted Bread (toasted)
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 4 ounces of Good-Quality Brie Cheese (like Delice De Bourgogne)
- 1 tablespoon White Wine (optional)
- Heat a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat, when nice and hot add the butter, mushrooms and salt. Cook for 2 minutes, stir and add the garlic scapes and the wine (if using). Cook for 1-2 additional minutes until the edges of the mushrooms turn golden brown. Add thyme leaves and set aside.
- Heat the broiler. Cut the Brie cheese into about 1/4-inch (5-6 mm) slices. Top the toasts with the Brie and 1/4 of the mushroom mixture. Arrange the toasts on a baking sheet and place them under the broiler. Bake for 1-2 minutes, or until the Brie has slightly melted and has browned on the edges. Since ovens vary, check toasts often or you might end up with totally melted or burnt toasts.
CHEFFIN’ IT UP RECIPE: yellow oyster, ricotta, & rosemary mix
- Yellow Oyster Mushrooms Minced
- 3 Minced Garlic Cloves
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- A cup of Fresh Rosemary minced
- 2 cups of Ricotta
- ¼ cup of Rosso Pesto
- Heat half a stick of butter in a medium nonstick pan on medium-high heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add minced mushrooms and rosemary, salt and pepper, and cook for 3-4 minutes until mushrooms become golden brown.
- Add in minced garlic and Italian seasoning, cooking until fragrant.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool before transferring to mixing bowl. Add in ricotta and Rosso pesto, stirring until completely combined
- Add to cooked pasta shells, manicotti, or put into homemade ravioli. Finish cooking desired pasta form as instructed by the box.